It is an alkaloid and monoamine compound that is usually found in chocolate.
1) Provides an energy boost
2) Improves focus
3) Aids in weight loss
Some of the reported effects of B Phenylethylamine are:
1. It reportedly increases brain activity, which in turn improves the mood, makes the person focus better, and gives an energy boost. It affects the mood by influencing the brain’s chemical make up and inducing the feeling that resembles passion and love. It also changes dopamine levels, which in turn releases hormones that improve the mood and increases the heart rate.
2. It is able to relieve stress.
3. Depression in some patients have improved after being exposed to this compound, but there is not enough support to claim that it is a long-term solution or a cure.
4. B Phenylethylamine is an ingredient in some of the more famous weight loss supplements because of the of the helpful effects of the stimulatory transmitters that it produces. An improved mood, as well as increased alertness level, may help in terms of improved energy for exercise and other activities.
5. This is also an ingredient used in pharmacology, particularly as an antidepressant or stimulant.
As always, people who are taking other medications should check with the doctor for potential side effects from this compound. Phenylethylamine should not be combined with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors as it may lead to fatal results.
People who have high blood pressure problems, hypertensive, or who are experiencing other heart problems should also refrain from taking this supplement. They can no longer afford to have increased heart rate or blood pressure level because they are already having too much of those as it is.
Too much exposure to this product should be immediately given medical assistance to avoid complications and even death. Take note that this compound has brain-altering ingredients, and may lead to psychoactive results like hallucinations if taken in excessive amounts.
A max dose of 60mgs of B Phenylethylamine should never be exceeded in a 24 hour period. Doing so will increase your risk of experiencing undesirable side effects. If you are healthy, not on any medication, and don’t abuse this substance, then short term use should be fine however you should always check with your doctor to be sure.
During the 1990s, the FDA controlled phentermine because of its addictive properties. Phentermine and Phenylethylamine are both closely related to amphetamines. However, Phenylethylamine is a natural compound which makes it an uncontrolled substance, and may be included in over the counter supplements.
The Journal of Neuropsychiatry Clinical Neuroscience showed that phenylethylamine is effective in addressing the problem of depression. In terms of body tolerance, it showed that there is a minimal need to change the dosage as compared to amphetamine. The release of dopamine also reduces appetite and improves mood.
The British journal of Sports Medicine, on the other hand, studied 20 men by determining phenylacetic acid levels in their urine for two days. One group was asked to exercise, while the other was told to refrain from activities that will exert energy. The results show that there was a 77% increase of phenylacetic acid after exercise. This reflects to the phenylethylamine level and may be related to the positive effects of exercise to a depressed person.
Supplements using this Ingredient:
1. Driven Sports CRAZE
2. VPX RedLine Ultra Hardcore
3. Infinite Labs Phenyl Core
4. VPX NO Shotgun MHF-1
5. Nutrex Lipo 6x, 120 Multi-Phase Capsules
6. Beast Sports Nutrition Amphetalean
7. MAN Scorch, 168 Thermo-Caps
8. PrimaForce Phenylethylamine
9. Millennium Sport Shred-Ultra
10. VPX Redline Princess
Chocolates are a known source of this compound and raises the blood pressure and blood glucose levels. This is the reason why it gives out a feeling of alertness and a sense of contentment. It is said to release b-endorphins, which give us the feeling of pleasurable effects.
This is one of the reasons why chocolates have become widely known to improve sex drive and act as an aphrodisiac. It replicates the brain activity of a person in love, so depression caused by failed love is often relieved. For these reasons, people continue to use B Phenylethylamine as a healthy supplement to weight loss or bodybuilding. Citramine is another supplement used in bodybuilding due to the added energy it provides.